Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Step 1: Research

Before you ever get to boot camp or anything, you have to do some research. You have to figure out a few things:

Which branch are you most suited for?
-MARINE CORPS OOH RAH!

What are the requirements and do you fulfill them?
Age:
-18 (or 17 with parental consent)
CHECK. I am 23

Physical:
Height 64 inches so weight must be between 107 and 141 not to exceed a fat content of 26 % CHECK. I am at 135 and 24%. That's cutting it close, but still acceptable.

Educational:

-Finished High School with a diploma or GED (diploma preferred)
CHECK. with roughly 3.0 GPA
-Some college and/or degree
CHECK. I am a college senior and if needed I can finish in one year.


Citizenship:
-American Citizen
CHECK. Born and raised

ASVAB:
Score of at least 31(GT 105 for me-GT-General Technical-VE+AR).
UNCHECK I will be taking the ASVAB this week and doing everything at MEPS at that time.

What do you want to do in that branch?
Linguist
European I (West)


Are there any limitations?
As a female, I am not yet allowed in combat
I need higher scores to get into the MOS I want

That's all I can think of for now


No comments:

Post a Comment