Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My Experiences: A prologue

While I have seen many articles and blogs about boot camp, most gloss over the details of enlisting. Here, I will be sharing with you everything that I can about MY experience of enlisting with the Marines, from the beginning. I will try my best to journal while in basic training and henceforth. I obviously won't be updating while I'm there, although I might have a friend of mine try to update for me. That might work because we supposedly get free time every night to write home.


Let begin before the beginning. (feel free to narrate using Morgan Freedman's voice)
I have had lots of exposure to military life. I was adopted at age eight. My mom was a teacher and my dad used to be in the Navy; I think my uncle is in the army (?); my cross country coach was in one of the services (again, I don't know which); even a crush I had in HS was in ROTC. That was when I learned about military lingo. Rich was very proud of being in ROTC. One day, he came to school in his uniform-probably career day- and I picked up his cover. I asked him innocently if I could wear his hat, and boy was he not shy about letting me know that it was NOT a hat! In college another crush of mine went into the air force. You get the idea. A lot of people I know are serving our country.

Whenever I saw a military man or woman, I was so overwhelmed with pride. I wanted to be just like them, but it didn't occur until recently that I could do just that. I was inspired to join the Marine Corp by my ex. He used to be a trombone player, but now is changing his MOS I think. If you don't know. MOS is what job you have in the military (Military occupational specialty)

I have been training off and on for awhile now, but I lacked motivation because I could never find the right workout for me, or I would find the right work out, but something in my life would change.

http://www.todaysmilitary.com/military-careers/entering-the-military/enlisting-in-the-military

OK, so now that I am done with the prologue, we can get into the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment